Updating your home doesn't have to come at a huge expense and it can pay off in a big way!
Below are the top 15 affordable home upgrades that will make the largest impact on the look and value of your home:
1. Removable wallpaper that makes a statement - think bold, bright, and even textured. So long as it comes off easily, it can appeal to the right buyers and for those that dislike it, they know it's an easy fix!
2. Rain Shower Head - You don't need to upgrade your whole bathroom to give it that spa feel. These showerheads can be found for under $50 and are very easy to install.
3. Real and faux Succulents throughout your home in blank spaces will give it a comfortable and homey feeling that many are looking for.
4. Mirrors! Mirrors make all spaces look larger. If you have a room that feels a little crowded, find a central focal point to hang a mirror and see how much larger the room feels.
5. Eucalyptus Spa - Hang it from your shower head and soon you’ll experience aromatherapy. The steam from the shower will activate the plant’s oils, allowing you to breathe them in and feel refreshed.
6. Artsy lampshades will spruce up any room, with or without the light on as they add an extra pop of colour or texture.
7. LED lights strips will brighten up any space with a light glow that will add to the ambiance of the space. They are great for stairs, behind mirrors, kitchen cabinets, under shelves, or inside closets.
8. Peel and Stick Tiles to spruce up your kitchen are a great way to give an appearance of an updated backsplash, fireplace backing, accent wall or even accessories such as mirrors or frames.
9. Door hardware, while this may not seem like the most luxurious item, it will make your home look updated and well cared for.
10. Updated dishtowels, clothes, and hand towels. These don't come at a large expense but will clean up any room in which they are placed and give the room a bright and crisp look!
11. Kitchen hardware - by replacing the hardware on your cupboards and drawers, you will give the space a sleek modern look.
12. Warm LED Lightbulbs are great for bedrooms and living rooms where you want to enhance a cozier vibe than the bright lights needed in the kitchen or bathroom.
13. New outlet covers - A fresh white new outlet cover will make any room pop! If you really want to make a statement, try the outlet covers with built-in, motion-activated lights which are great for dark rooms and hallways.
14. Woven Baskets are a great place to store blankets and extra pillows. Not only do they look stylish but they are extremely practical too.
15. Updated pillow covers can add visual interest to any room. This year's trend is bright and colourful with patterns or textures.
If you're thinking of updating your home and don't have a large budget, these tips should give your home the lift you're hoping for and will also increase the value to potential buyers.
Post Your Comment: